3.10.2009

Phish Melts Faces, Author Weeps at Setlists



I can't talk too much about this because I am a little sick I couldn't witness Phish's three night reunion stand at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia. I will say that I went to my first Phish show in 1995 and that I have...complex feelings about the band. That isn't to say I wouldn't have traded a kidney for a ticket to these shows:

03.06.09 :: Hampton Coliseum :: Hampton, VA

Set I: Fluffhead*, The Divided Sky, Chalkdust Torture, Sample in a Jar, Stash, I Didn't Know#, Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg, Farmhouse, NICU, Horn, Rift, Train Song, Water in the Sky, Squirming Coil, David Bowie

Set II: Backwards Down The Number Line^, Tweezer, Taste, Possum, Theme from the Bottom, First Tube, Harry Hood, Waste, You Enjoy Myself

E: Grind**, Bouncing Around the Room, Loving Cup

* Last played 9/28/2000
# with Trey on drums
^New original
** Last played 12/30/98

03.07.09 :: Hampton Coliseum :: Hampton, VA

Set I: Back On The Train, Runaway Jim, Brian and Robert, Split Open and Melt, Heavy Things, Punch You in the Eye, Gumbo, Reba, Mexican Cousin, It's Ice, Halley's Comet, Beauty of a Broken Heart*, Guelah Papyrus*, Lawn Boy, Run Like An Antelope

Set II: Rock and Roll, Limb By Limb, Ghost, Piper, Birds of a Feather, Wolfman's Brother, Prince Caspian, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Character Zero

E: A Day in the Life

*First time played


03.08.09 :: Hampton Coliseum :: Hampton, VA

Set I: Sanity, Wilson, Foam, Bathtub Gin, Undermind, AC/DC Bag, My Friend My Friend, Scent Of A Mule, All Of These Dreams, Maze, She Thinks I Still Care*, Army Of One, Tube, Cars Trucks & Buses, Free, Frankenstein**

Set II: Down With Disease, Seven Below, Horse > Silent In The Morning, Twist, 2001, Moma Dance, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Wading In The Velvet Sea, Slave To The Traffic Light

E: Happy Birthday Leonard^, Contact, Bug, Tweezer Reprise

* First Time Played, George Jones song
** With Page on Keytar
^ $$ Crowd and band sing Happy Birthday to Leonard Fishman, Jon's father


setlists via jambase

No comments: