12.09.2008

Consider the Wallace

Recently, a friend of mine pointed me in the direction of this article, noting that it was one of the best articles ever written about depression. While that's not necessarily my idea of fun reading, I dug in nonetheless.

I haven't read Infinite Jest and have only read snippets of David Foster Wallace's (pictured) other work [see: A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again & Consider the Lobster]. Overall, I don't know all that much about DFW other than that McSweeney's [see Internet Essentials - "Words"] seems intent on publishing way too many tributes to his life, that most literary minds of our generation regard him as a a writerly Superman, and that, in my eyes, his prose gleams with brilliant and shiny newness.

All opinions aside, I recommend that you settle into a comfy spot, click this link (if you didn't yet), and prepare to be walloped.

No comments: